Thursday, July 25, 2013

Floressence Quilt

 
A while back, Stitched in Color made her Vintage Tangerine quilt.  I fell in love with it and wanted to make something new that felt vintage.  (which seems to be a continuing trend with me...) I had bought Art Gallery's Floressence line and loved the vintage feel to it and thought this design and those fabrics would go perfectly together!


 
I free motion quilted it using this cathedral window shape, also I think some people call it a dogwood shape?... I loved this project.  And bound it using this floral from Floressence.  As for the back, I used two pieces of Moda's cross weaves.  Note: they shrink way more than art gallery's fabrics, so I think my quilt is a little crooked but they wrinkled up really nice and soft.



I love the final look of it and the soft feel.  I used Quilter's Dream 100% cotton batting, the lowest loft and Aurifil 100% cotton thread again.  I think they really step up the quality of the final product!

Happy Quilting!  On to my next baby quilt for the shop!

1 comment: