Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cool Improv

After I finished the commissioned baby quilts, I started an improv project.
 


This one I believe I'm going to hang on my sewing room wall.  It finished at 33x34.  I tried my hand at improv piecing.  I think it turned out ok, I mean I LOVE it.  It's so calming to me for some reason.  I think it's the blues and purples.  It feels like a river: cool, relaxing, and free.  

I backed this one with a magenta polka dot from Joann and leftover fabrics from the front and bound it with my favorite purple Dear Stella, Piper, Zigzags.  The tag on this one was from a test run at Spoonflower with my logo.  Luckily I didn't buy the 1 yard and just decided on the test swatch because I needed to adjust some things and now I'll try another test swatch and hopefully it'll be exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks Tina for the fabric inspiration!











No comments:

Post a Comment