Monday, October 19, 2015

Secret Garden Posy Patrol Quilt

Finished October 2015


I started this quilt at a workshop with the pattern writer, Dana Bolyard.  KMQG had her in to teach us more about curves.  I was pregnant with Cole and not planning on going to the workshop bc I had been so sick and tired.  But I'm so glad I jones in the fun.  Dana was a lot of fun and even brought home baked goods for us to snack on!  (Perfect for the pregnant lady!) 

I used lots of greens from my stash and then used lots of leftover greens for the backing.


I'm glad I was able to use up some pieces of extra I had... No need to purchase backing fabric for this one!  Yay!

I quilted with a FMQ swirl that turned out really nice.  I love the quilting on this one. I was making this to sell at an upcoming event at The Hive but I think I've decided to sell the Vertebrae quilt.  Always a difficult decision.  But I think this one fits into our home a little better!  And I love it.



I used pellon cotton batting and aurifil thread, and bound with some leftover raindrops and flowers from the lighter prints I used.




No comments:

Post a Comment